Re: General about address book in SM

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:34 PM, Scott Haneda <talklists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 5, 2008, at 1:42 AM, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Scott Haneda <talklists@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Using version
>>> $config_version = '1.4.0';
>
> Here is the correct output
> SquirrelMail version: 1.5.2 [SVN]
> Config file version: 1.5.0
> Config file last modified: 06 October 2008 23:28:45
>
> Checking PHP configuration...
>     PHP version 5.2.6 OK. (You have: 5.2.6. Minimum: 4.1.0)
>     display_errors: 1
>     error_reporting: 6143
>     variables_order OK: EGPCS.
>     PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is enabled.
> Checking paths...
>
>     Data dir OK.
>     Attachment dir OK.
> Checking plugins...
>     Plugins are not enabled in config.
>     Themes OK.
>     Default language OK.
>     Base URL detected as: http://webmail2.example.com/src (location
> base autodetected)
> Checking outgoing mail service....
>     SMTP server OK (220 a.example.com running EIMS X 3.3.7)
> Checking IMAP service....
>     IMAP server ready (* OK a.example.com running EIMS X 3.3.7)
>     Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=DIGEST-
> MD5 AUTH=NTLM UIDPLUS IDLE QUOTA NAMESPACE
> Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
>      gettext - Gettext functions are unavailable. SquirrelMail will
> use slower internal gettext functions.
>      mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
>      recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
>      iconv - Iconv functions are available.
>      timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
> Current time zone is PDT.
> Checking database functions...
>     not using database functionality.
> Checking LDAP functions...
>     not using LDAP functionality.
>
>> That is the config tool version, not SM's version.  You can get the SM
>> version (and much other helpful information) from src/configtest.php
>>
>>> I have my prefserenes of "Format of Addresses Added From Address
>>> Book"
>>> set to "Full Name and Address"
>>> In this version of SM, the setting is not honored at all, and no data
>>> is written to email@xxxxxxxxxx  I may be overlooking the pref line,
>>> or
>>
>> No data at all (other settings)?  Sounds like you have other problems
>> unrelated to this setting.
>
> By no data at all, I meant no new data, so when I change "Format of
> Addresses Added From Address Book" and look in email@xxxxxxxxx I do
> not see a change, or I perhaps do not know where and what I am looking
> for.

Check that you are in the right directory and looking at the right
file.  You can also log out between changing the settings to make sure
you see the changes get saved, although that should not be necessary.
For me, I see the change:

1) Make sure Options-->Compose Preferences-->Format of Addresses Added
>From Address Book is set to "No prefix/Address only"
2) cp /path/to/squirrelmail/data/user\@example.com.pref ./prefs_before
3) Change Options-->Compose Preferences-->Format of Addresses Added
>From Address Book to "Full name and address"
4) cp /path/to/squirrelmail/data/user\@example.com.pref ./prefs_after
5) diff -u prefs_before prefs_after

I see:

-addrsrch_fullname=noprefix
+addrsrch_fullname=fullname

This is in 1.5.2.  I just noticed that in fact the preference is NOT
changed under 1.4.x.  The fix is below.

>>> ot may be set in a way that is not obvious, or perhaps this setting
>>> in
>>> a cookie.  At any rate, only the users email address is entered into
>>> the to: field when using the address book.
>>
>> Please explain how you use it to add addresses.

> Click on Addresses at top
> ( I have added in a few friends, with nickname, name, and email
> address )
> Click on a hyperlinked email address
> I am brought to a compose new email window
> The to: field is set to First last &lt;example@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt;

I see this too.  It has now been fixed.  It will be in the next SVN
snapshot (give it a day) or find the patches here:

http://squirrelmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squirrelmail/trunk/squirrelmail/templates/util_addressbook.php?view=patch&r1=13297&r2=13296&pathrev=13297
http://squirrelmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squirrelmail/trunk/squirrelmail/include/load_prefs.php?view=patch&r1=13299&r2=13298&pathrev=13299

I also see the same issue in 1.4.x, so that has been fixed too.  Patches here:

http://squirrelmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squirrelmail/branches/SM-1_4-STABLE/squirrelmail/include/load_prefs.php?view=patch&r1=13298&r2=13297&pathrev=13298
http://squirrelmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squirrelmail/branches/SM-1_4-STABLE/squirrelmail/functions/addressbook.php?view=patch&r1=13298&r2=13297&pathrev=13298

Thanks for the report.

 - Paul