Re: General about address book in SM

On Oct 4, 2008, at 5:15 PM, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Scott Haneda <talklists@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

>>> They know who they are, so why worry about being 'pretty'? That's
>>> just me,
>>> however...
>>
>> I found a pref that changes this, the trouble is the angle brackets
>> get html encoded.  What is the procedure for filing a bug report on
>> this?
>
> You can post more information about the problem here or use the bug
> tracker for SquirrelMail on our sourceforge.net project page.

Using version
$config_version = '1.4.0';
I have my prefserenes of "Format of Addresses Added From Address Book"
set to "Full Name and Address"
In this version of SM, the setting is not honored at all, and no data
is written to email@xxxxxxxxxx  I may be overlooking the pref line, or
ot may be set in a way that is not obvious, or perhaps this setting in
a cookie.  At any rate, only the users email address is entered into
the to: field when using the address book.

Using version
$config_version = '1.5.0';
This is 1.5.1 development version
I have my "Format of Addresses Added From Address Book" set to "Full
Name and Address"
In this version of SM, the setting is honored, and a new message will
take on the correct format.  The email address is wrapped in an html
encoded angle bracket.
Example: First Last &lt;example@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt;
Of course, this message can not be delivered, as you get a user not
known error.

If any further data is needed on this report, please let me know.
--
Scott