Re: Squirrelmail after upgrade to 1.4.13 fails on large folders

Jesse Michaels wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2008, at 12:49 AM, Jacek Osiecki wrote:
>
>> I am experiencing problems with all squirrelmail releases newer than
>> 1.4.9a.
>> Ewerywhere where I have upgraded from 1.4.9a to 1.4.13, squirrelmail
>> fails
>> to read large folders, containing more than 3000 messages.
>> Squirrelmail is
>> set to split list of messages into batches of 100.
>

> What is the setting to do this split of messages into batches, I am
> not aware of this setting, but it sounds like it allows a IMAP select
> of a range of messages, rather than an entire select of the mailbox.
> Could you point me to docs on this?
> --
> Scott

Options -> Display Preferences -> Number of Messages per Page

Default is 15 messages per page.

IMAP SELECT command does not have message range options. Paging is performed
in SquirrelMail scripts.

Performance issues on mailboxes with 3000 and more messages are caused by
internal SquirrelMail 1.4 message sorting. Message sorting hits default PHP
memory limits somewhere close to 3k messages.

If you want to get sorted results and do sorting in PHP, scripts must get
information about all messages stored in mailbox.

--
Tomas