Re: performance issues that seemingly can not be solved.

> Hi Tomas,
>
> You give some sort times for several IMAP servers, do you happen to have
> sort times for Dovecot??

Dovecot mbox mailbox with 5k messages
SELECT time - 4,35 ms
Caching difference - 2702,9 ms
SORT FROM - 242 ms

Dovecot maildir mailbox with 5k messages
SELECT time - 8,64 ms
Caching difference - 184,88 ms
SORT FROM - 259,99 ms

Dovecot caches lots of info and stores it on disk. I think sort times are
for cached mailbox, because I usually do unpaged display test before doing
all sorted mailbox tests. 25k mailbox is not tested in unpaged mode and
its load time changes from 14544,23 to 196,93 and from 20035,01 to 307,55
on second load.

I have confused time units. All times in these and previous tests are in
miliseconds and not in seconds. SELECT test calculates time used to
execute IMAP SELECT command. Load tests calculate time used to display
SquirrelMail mailbox listing. From plugin init to right_main_bottom hook.

--
Tomas