Re: performance issues that seemingly can not be solved.

On Oct 1, 2008, at 7:45 PM, Paul Lesniewski wrote:

>> Not off the top of my head.  It's been a long time since I've delved
>> into it, my Real Life has really slammed my development time.
>
> If you insist on keeping enormous INBOXes (bad form IMO), try
> SquirrelMail 1.5.2, where header fetching has been redesigned and is
> faster in this scenario, but you still should clean out your INBOX.

I do not, I have a pretty clean system where inbox emails are under
20, my sent emails get up there, in the thousands, as I forget to deal
with them, but over time, I move them around and make them more
manageable.

It is the thousands of other users who will never learn how to deal
with this that I have to contend with.  Ever since the iPhone came
out, I have had to deal with users who need IMAP now, since they want
synchronization.  Pop with leave on server is really not the most
ideal way to play that game.

Thanks for the pointer on 1.5.2. I will be giving that a try now.
--
Scott