Re: Sent folder stopped working

Crandall, Dennis <dc4400 <at> att.com> writes:

>> Doesn't the sent_confirmation plugin just handle generating the info
>> line about whether your mail was sent, etc?
>>
>> I'm thinking this might be an imap issue and not a squirrelmail
>> function.  Is it the responsibility of squirrelmail to cause the
reply
>> to be saved to the .Sent folder or imap?

> If it is IMAP issue SquirrelMail src/compose.php should stop with
fatal error.
> SquirrelMail checks some variables before saving email to Sent folder
and plugins attached to compose hooks can change
> saving process by modifying those variables.

I will turn up the logging on imap and see what I get from that side.

> I would try to eliminate ******* and send_confirmation from debugging
process first. You don't want to fix issue, you want > to understand why
it happened so that it won't happen again.

Agreed

> If disabling of these plugins does not fix issue, make backup of user
preferences (username.pref file or all entries with > user=username in
database userprefs table) and reset them to default ones (logout from
SquirrelMail, delete preferences,
> login to SquirrelMail). If issue goes away when user settings are
reset, developers will need copy of these broken
> settings in order to reproduce issue.

I apologize for top-posting.

Last night, I decided that since I was testing the Sent folder by
replying to an email from the user's trash that perhaps it was changing
how SM was treating the reply.  So, I went to move the original message
back to the INBOX and I got an over quota message!  (The customer is
using 43MBytes out of 102MBytes in his account.)  So, now I'm wondering
if replies are not being saved to the Sent folder due to an erroneous
quota issue.

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA621