Re: How to migrate IMAP account to a POP account

On Mon, April 21, 2008 01:26, Steven Garner wrote:
> I have an IMAP account with a large amount of email (100MB) in it, that I
> would like to convert to POP before downloading all the email off the
> server.  What is the correct way to do this?  Do I have to download all
> the
> email off the server first using IMAP, and then convert it to POP, or can
> do it the other way around (preferred)?  When I just change the settings
> in
> EIMS Admin, the email does not migrate (become available for downloading
> by
> POP).
> Using EIMS Server X 3.3.7
As Paul pointed out, this is NOT a SM question.  If Eudora server is like
dovecot then you could just create another 'account' in you email client
use pop3 and then download using that, making sure that the imap
client/account is not accessing it at the same time.  Problem is usually
that clients (e.g. ThunderBird or OutLook can't switch account setup
between pop3 and IMAP so you have two use different 'accounts' on the mail
client.

Hope this helps.

------
William R. Mussatto