Re: Random Logouts

Paul Lesniewski wrote:

>>> There is no such variable in the SM code with this name.  You might
>>> want to explain what modifications you have made to the code and what
>>> plugins you are using (you say none, but either you DO have some
>>> plugin or code modification in place, or someone has hacked your
>>> system).
>>>

>> Ok. That would be because our servers have the Ensim control panel
>> installed on them.  Each site runs in a chrooted jail and as such, each
>> site has it's own copy of Squirrelmail installed (although they are all
>> identical except for the site name in the config.php file being
>> different of course).   Ensim havve modified Squireelmail, but I was
>>

> And of course this means that you should probably go to them to
> understand what your problem is, as we cannot support code that
> someone else has mucked about with

Fair enough :)
>> under the assumption that the extent of it was simply to add an include
>> statement into config.php like so:
>>
>> include("ensim_config.php");
>>
>> with the contents of ensim_config.php being:
>>
>> <?php
>>          $org_name = "example.com";
>>          $org_title = "example.com";
>>          $domain = "example.com";
>>          $imapServerAddress = "x.x.x.x";
>> ?>
>>
>> However, from what you have stated, it appears that ensim also modified
>> login.php - reason being that when the login page for Squirrelmail is
>> loaded, it automatically inserts @domain (e.g. @example.com) in the
>> email field.  All that the customer needs to then do is to prepend
>> @domain with their username and then login.
>>

> They could have just used the Login Manager (vlogin) plugin and not
> needed to modify the source code.

That doesn't surprise me.  Ensim made a lot of blunders.  I really hope
that SWSoft do a better job. I'll be installing a single, global
installation of Squirrelmail soon and will give that plugin a go.
Thanks for that tip.

>> I'll take this particular issue up with Ensim (actually, now with SWSoft
>> seeing as Ensim's control panel business was recently acquired by
>> SWSoft).   However, while on the subject, could I simply stop these
>> errors from being logged if I simply declare the variable at the
>> beginning of the login function in login.php perhaps?
>>

> Yes, set it to an empty string or something, but there may be more
> serious problems that need to be addressed that I cannot speak for.

Ok. I'll give that a try.

>>> Is the path correct for these (not the filename, the path)?  The only
>>> thing I can think of off the top of my head is that these are file
>>> names for a PHP accelerator/cache that is malfunctioning.  If you are
>>> running one such application, turn it off and try again.
>>>

>> Yes.  That is the correct path.   Each site has the following aliases in
>> it's virtual hosting conf file:
>>
>> Alias /squirrelmail /home/virtual/sitex/fst/var/www/squirrelmail/
>> Alias /webmail /home/virtual/sitex/fst/var/www/squirrelmail/
>>
>> where 'x' is the site number.
>>
>> With regards to a malfunctioning PHP accelerator/cache:  The only
>> possible candidate for that would be Zend Optimizer (the free version -
>> so the decoder basically) that is installed on every site.  Could the
>> Zend Optimizer possibly be the cause of those hex characters being
>> appended to the filenames in the logs?
>>

> Might be.  You could ask Zend or Ensim or just try deactivating it.

I've posted on the php-general mailing list.  Hopefully someone there
will know and will answer.  Having said that then, please consider this
thread to be closed. Many thanks for your assistance.