Re: squirrelmail fails to start

> Performed following steps
>
> $ cd /usr/local/squirrelmail/www/config
>
> $ su
> Password:
> # ./conf.pl

You have set data and attachment directories and domain name. Then you
misconfigured your SquirrelMail setup by setting options that don't fit your
courier-imap setup.

Standard setup procedure is:
1. select imap server in D command
2. set domain
3. set data and attachment directory
4. change other things, if you know what they do or defaults don't fit your
setup.

> On Firefox
> http://localhost/squirrelmail
>
> Still hanging
> ???

Please explain term "hanging" or check your logs. Web server crashes,
redirects browser to some unknown site or does something else?

Or show your apache2 configuration. All files, directories and symbolic
links stored in /etc/apache2 directory excluding SSL keys.

> http://domain.com/squirrelmail
>
> starts;
> SquirrelMail
> webmail
> for
> nuts
>

> I can't login with root/users with accounts on Postfix

Never ever try logging in as root to POP3 or IMAP service. Use standard
unprivileged account for testing.

> Error
> Error connecting to IMAP server: localhost.
> 110 : Connection timed out
>

> I'm running courier.  How to get the problem fixed?  TIA

Can you connect to your imap server with other email client or telnet?

---
telnet localhost 143
... you should see courier imap greeting here ...
A01 logout
---

Try solving your problem on IRC
(http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/InternetRelayChat). Maybe some people can help
you faster than messaging on mailing list. You have generic first time setup
issues and these are solved faster in real time.

--
Tomas