Re: Login Bug

On Nov 22, 2007 2:33 PM, Markus89 <markus.rothenhoefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good evening Jon,
>

> Jon Angliss wrote:
> >
> > "wrong login-data" and "incorrect login data" are not SquirrelMail
> > errors.  Can you give us the real error message?
> >
> > We also need more information about your setup...
> >
> The error message is <<ERROR
> Unknown user or password incorrect.>>. Its the same as which appears when
> you really input wrong login data.

Verify that your PHP session mechanism is correctly configured.
Verify that your browser is accepting cookies.  Try to get a look at
the mail log when the error occurs.  Search our website/wiki, the
mailing list archives, and our user manual for this error message.
The mailing list posting guidelines tell you how to do this BEFORE
asking for help here.  PLEASE don't disrespect what we've asked you to
do.

> I first had 1.4.9 or 1.4.11 running. Due problems with attachments, I
> overwrote the files with 1.5.1 release.

If you want to use our development code, please use a snapshot of
1.5.2.  1.5.1 is old and full of security holes.  Attachment issues
are fixed in 1.4.12, and you can get a snapshot of that, too.

> PHP: PHP Version 4.4.7
> Linux,  Apache 2.0
>
> Browsers tried: IE 6 / 7 and FF 2.0.9
>
> I don't know anything about the Mailserver-Configuration because it is
> running on a webspace.
>
> I guess, that the problems are caused by the mailserver of the isp..

Please try to get a copy of the mail log file when you are logging in
that shows the errors.