Re: Frames will not Refresh on Network

On Nov 23, 2007 9:10 PM, Stuart Hunter <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When accessing Squirrelmail from external sources it works faultlessly.
> When we access Squirrelmail from within the local network parts of the
> screen do not seem to refresh properly.
>
> If we purge the Trash can the left frame goes white and comes up with the
> error message below. If we send email the main compose frame does not
> refresh and the same error message appears on it. The problems can be
> fixed by pressing the refresh button.
>
> We have tried IE7 and FIrefox but the same problem occure with each
> browser. We got this problem after we upgraded from 1.4.8 to 1.4.10a and
> have not been able to get rid of it.

While testing on your local network, adjust $config_location_base in
your configuration file (or config/conf.pl --> 4 --> 15).  Once you
have it working on your LAN, you'll have to change
$config_location_base to something more complex if you don't want to
have two separate SM installations.  You'll have to determine what
key/value pair in $_SERVER can be used to reliably determine the
difference between LAN and non-LAN access.  Something like:

$config_location_base = (strpos($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], '192.168.')
=== 0 ? 'http://192.168.0.100' : '');

Again, this is an example you have to tailor to your environment
before it will work for you.

> Error Message
> Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
> Most likely causes:
> You are not connected to the Internet.
> The website is encountering problems.
> There might be a typing error in the address.
>
> Squirrelmail runs on a different machine to the mail server. They reside
> on different subnets and Stunnel rund on both machines.
>
> Squirrelmail Server
> 192.168.0.xxx
> 2003 Server R2 SP2
> Apache 2.2.3
> PHP 5.2.4
> MySQL 5.0.27 - community-nt via TCP/IP
> hMailServer 4.4.1 B273
> Squirrelmail 1.4.12 [SVN]
> // Add list of enabled plugins here
> $plugins[0] = 'archive_mail'; Ver 1.2
> $plugins[1] = 'email_footer'; Ver 0.4
> $plugins[2] = 'mail_fetch'; Ver ?
> $plugins[3] = 'unsafe_image_rules'; Ver 0.8
> $plugins[4] = 'hmailserver_changepass'; Ver 1.1
> $plugins[5] = 'address_add'; Ver 2.1

> Mailserver Setup
> 192.168.10.xxx
> SBS 2003 SP2
> Apache 2.2.4
> PHP 5.2.1
> hMailServer 4.4.1 B273

<snip>

> This message is intended only for the use of the individual or
> entity named above and may contain information that is
> confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
> of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify us by email
> to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and destroy the original email.

The act of sending your inquiry to our mailing list puts your message
in the public domain.  Thus, this kind of disclaimer is not only
inaccurate, it is not welcome on such lists.