Compromised Accounts

To all,
  I run a large webmail server, 19k + accounts.  Lately, just this
month, i have had three different email account send out spam email.
Basically, the accounts have their personal information changed to a
different name and reply to address.  Then they send out quite a large
amount of spam email.  It appears the exploiter obtained the password
and then compromised the account.  The actual email user is completely
unaware of the compromise - meaning they did NOT send this spam email.

What i have:
    squirrelmail version 1.4.10a
    postfix + cyrus
    saslauth 2.1.22
    pam_mysql 0.7-rc1
    PHP 5 5.2.4-pre200708051230

When looking at the mail queue file, you can see the squirrelmail
authenticated user name and the queue file clearly show it came from the
localhost indicating the squirrelmail interface.

We did not have the webmail with a CERT (ssl) but do NOW!  Is there any
know way of easily compromising a email account directly with PHP and or
squirelmail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vernon Fort