Re: Spell checking says I'm not logged in?

Tim Hogan wrote:

> Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>> Tim Hogan wrote:

>> Could you provide more information about your setup?
>> 1. PHP session settings
>> 2. PHP $_SERVER variables
>> 3. Why are you overriding location base?
>>
>> SquirrelSpell plugin is bundled with SquirrelMail. Are you sure that you
>> are
>> using standard bundled squirrelspell plugin version? Can you reproduce
>> same
>> issue in standard SquirrelMail 1.4.11 setup with only squirrelspell
>> plugin
>> enabled? SquirrelSpell plugin uses standard SquirrelMail functions to
>> validate user session. If plugin fails with "You must be logged", other
>> plugins will also fail.
>>
>> Are you sure that session cookie path is set correctly in browser? Why
>> session cookie has 'src/' url part in your setup?
>>

> I am not too sure about the PHP stuff but I can tell you that I changed
> the location base setting only to try and solve this problem.  It was
> previously blank.
>
> As for PHP, it is the install out of the port in FreeBSD.  I did not
> make any special changes to it.  If I understand what you are looking
> for here is the session information pulled from a phpinfo script that I
> have.
>
> Session Support 	enabled
> Registered save handlers 	files user eaccelerator
> Registered serializer handlers 	php php_binary
>

> Directive 	Local Value 	Master Value
> session.auto_start 	Off 	Off
> session.bug_compat_42 	Off 	Off
> session.bug_compat_warn 	On 	On
> session.cache_expire 	180 	180
> session.cache_limiter 	/no value/ 	/no value/
> session.cookie_domain 	/no value/ 	/no value/
> session.cookie_httponly 	Off 	Off
> session.cookie_lifetime 	0 	0
> session.cookie_path 	/no value/ 	/no value/
> session.cookie_secure 	Off 	Off
> session.entropy_file 	/no value/ 	/no value/
> session.entropy_length 	16 	16
> session.gc_divisor 	1000 	1000
> session.gc_maxlifetime 	1440 	1440
> session.gc_probability 	1 	1
> session.hash_bits_per_character 	5 	5
> session.hash_function 	0 	0
> session.name 	PHPSESSID 	PHPSESSID
> session.referer_check 	/no value/ 	/no value/
> session.save_handler 	files 	files
> session.save_path 	/tmp 	/tmp
> session.serialize_handler 	php 	php
> session.use_cookies 	On 	On
> session.use_only_cookies 	Off 	Off
> session.use_trans_sid 	0 	0
>

> If this is not what you were looking for then please tell me what to type.

Are you testing your PHP setup according to
http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings ?

Could you explain how do you set session.cookie_path to 'no value'? Default
is '/'

Could you open SquirrelMail functions/global.php, find lines with
----
/** set the name of the session cookie */
if(isset($session_name) && $session_name) {
    ini_set('session.name' , $session_name);
} else {
    ini_set('session.name' , 'SQMSESSID');
}
----

and add one more line after them
----
/** set the name of the session cookie */
if(isset($session_name) && $session_name) {
    ini_set('session.name' , $session_name);
} else {
    ini_set('session.name' , 'SQMSESSID');
}
ini_set('session.cookie_path' , '/webmail/');
----

Warning. This change is specific to your current layout. If you change
webmail location, you will have to change that line. Good fix is different,
but I don't want to introduce complex function calls in that part of code.

--
Tomas