Re: Bug Report

On 9/6/07, zinob <zt@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I subscribe to the squirrelmail-users mailing list.
>  [ ]  True - No need to CC me when replying
>  [X]  False - Please CC me when replying
>
> This bug occurs when I ...
> Try to open the second page of my huge spamfolder.
>

> The description of the bug:
> When i open the spam folder i see the first 20 letters as i should but
> when i click Next or any page number i get the contece of the second (or
> what ever numer i clicked) page of the last folder i viewed. If i first
> click INBOX and then zSpam and then "Next" i get the second page of my
> INBOX.  This problem seems to ocur when my spamfolder contains more then
> 1600 mails.
>
> I can reproduce the bug by:
> Going to my spam folder.
>
> (Optional) I got bored and found the bug occurs in:
> It seems like it is a problem with memory allocation. I guess it could be
> solved by some rahter massive rewriting, since there is realy no need to
> get all the toppics of all the pages at once, you could just ge the
> current one. But i guess that would be a rather massive rewrite.
> This is from the apache error_log:
> Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 131072
> bytes)

The error you describe doesn't sound related to this, but first I'd
try to fix this error and come back to the Spam v INBOX one.  This
particular issue is not that anything needs re-writing, it's that you
need to increase your PHP memory limit.  Most every admin who supports
users with a lot of mail will always increase it well beyond this
small (default) 8MB level.