cant view messages in Inbox for large spool files

Hi there
I recently upgraded to squirrelmail 1.4.9a,  now running on php 5.2.4 ,
on apache 2.0.59 on Suse Enterprise Server 9. Up to the upgrade I was
able to view all messages for all users irregardless of size of spool
file. Ive a few awkward managers with mailboxes larger than 100meg.
Since the upgrade , none of these users ( ie ones with *about 100mg
mailboxes in size or over ) have been able to view any messages. They
get a Inbox icon with the number of Unread messages, but a blank screen
on right hand side of page If they click on the Inbox icon the screen
stays blank. Just wondering is this a known problem , or is there a
setting somewhere to increase this parameter? Ive upgraded both
squirrelmail and php so cant tie the problem down totally
In some ways, its an excellent way of getting these users to decrease
their mail files once and for all, though given the seniority of these
people I think I will have issues.:) So any way around this problem
would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks in advance
Martin