Re: 1.4.10a PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sq_change_text_domain()

> >> Sorry! Complete error below.

> >> It appears in the list of enabled plugins when I run conf.pl.
> >
> > You do not need to enable that plugin.  Shouldn't hurt, but anyway...

> >> Still getting the same error, even with all SM plugins disabled:
> >>
> >> [Sun Aug 26 21:21:10 2007] [error] [client 666.82.195.55] PHP Fatal
> >> error:  Cannot redeclare sq_change_text_domain() (previously declared in
> >> /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/plugins/compatibility/includes/1.5.2/global.php:886)
> >> in /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/functions/i18n.php on line 47
> >
> > Open the file functions/strings.php and around line 19, a line starts like this:
> >
> > $version = '1.4...
> >
> > What is the full line?
>
> $version = '1.4.8';
>
> hmmmm
>

> > Likewise about line 26, please report the full text of the line that looks like:
> >
> > $SQM_INTERNAL_VERSION = array(1,4...
>
> $SQM_INTERNAL_VERSION = array(1,4,8);
>

> double hmmmm

Well, there it is.  This is a problem with whoever is supplying the SM
port you got, or how you got it, etc.  Not a SM bug.

> > Also, describe how you went about upgrading and applying the
> > Compatibility plugin patch to your new installation of 1.4.10.
>
> I'd originally installed SM and compatibility from the FreeBSD ports
> collection, following these instructions:
>
> http://www.wistful.net/wiki/Ed's_FreeBSD_Virtual_Mail_How-To

Main thing to note from that is that while the recommended quota
plugin from that HOWTO should work pretty well, it has been deprecated
in favor of

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=237