Re: 1.4.10a PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sq_change_text_domain()

Changing register_globals didn't work for me after an upgrade from 1.4.9
to 1.4.10a. Details below.

>> After upgrading from 1.4.9 to 1.4.10a I get the following fatal error
when
>> trying to access the login page:
>> PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare
>> sq_change_text_domain()

> Please show list and order of
enabled plugins. with version numbers.

Here are mine:

quota_usage 1.3.1
avelsieve 1.9.7
filters 12330 (filters.php)
vlogin 3.9.2-1.2.7
compatibility 2.0.8-1.0

> Show your PHP
register_globals setting.

tried this with both "Off" and "On". No joy either way.

> If you have modified SquirrelMail
scripts, show your modifications.

N/A.

I set up this SM server using these directions:

http://www.wistful.net/wiki/Ed's_FreeBSD_Virtual_Mail_How-To

> PHP register_globals setting was set to ON.
> I've switched it to OFF and now it's all working again.

> Thanks for the
> advise, problem solved!

Not me.

Also, the comments in /usr/local/etc/php.ini suggest that enabling
register_globals is a bad idea from a security perspective, and that it
will be deprecated in a future version of PHP.

I'm new to PHP -- what else to consider?

This is on FreeBSD 6.2-RELENG.

thanks

dn