Re: Left nav panel doesn't load

Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On 8/21/07, Parker Dubberke <park@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I just set up a new machine with Squirrelmail. Everything seems to be
>> working fine on first inspection, but the left navigation panel doesn't
>> load when I access my server using a URL. I have two domains pointing at
>> the server. The main frame loads OK and I can send/receive email and
>> manipulate folders. Actually the left panel does load eventually using
>> the URL, but it takes a long time, about 15 minutes. I'm assuming that's
>> some kind of timeout. If I access the server using IPaddress/webmail,
>> the left panel loads immediately.
>>
>> The server is natted behind a firewall that forwards http port 80
>> requests to the server address. It seems that I either need to open some
>> other port or I have some DNS issue. My URL resolves to a static IP at
>> the front of the firewall.
>>

> I'm not sure why you have come to those conclusions?  I'd first look
> at traditional SM performance tuning tips before you dig into that.
> Can you test behind your firewall first?  There used to be a nice page
> on the SM Wiki about SquirrelMail Performance, but it seems changed or
> removed or reorganized or renamed.  Perhaps someone else can point out
> where that information went.  Also, you don't say how big your mailbox
> is.  Try 1.5.2 for kicks and if that speeds things up, you probably
> have a very big mailbox and it's mostly down to trying to tune SM.
>

>> Specs:
>> Fedora 7 - rpm installs
>> httpd - 2.2.4-4.1.fc7
>> dovecot - 1.0.3-14.fc7
>> php - 5.2.2
>> squirrelmail - 1.4.10a-1.fc7
>>
>> I installed the debugger plugin, but I don't know what it's telling me.
>> I don't see any errors in the httpd or dovecot logs relating to this
>> problem. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Park

Sorry, I did not explain clearly. This is a NEW server. So far there are
only a few test accounts with a few folders/messages each. No large
mailboxes. So, I doubt this is a performance tuning issue. I am testing
from behind the firewall. It is just the left panel that doesn't load,
the right panel and all functionality are very fast. Sending and
receiving messages works perfectly.