Re: Resend : SquirreMail controlling remote IMAP

On 8/16/07, JRP Media <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to run SquirrelMail on my local Mac (I  already have it
> functioning as a web server with PHP) and get it to access the IMAP mail
> boxes at my ISP Web Hosting eMail POP3/IMAP email accounts?

Yes, just set the IMAP server address to point to the remote location,
assuming their IMAP service is open to the outside.

> The reason for asking is that I want to use the anti-spam functions of
> SquirrelMail, something my ISP does not offer (anti-spam).

SM has hardly any anti-spam features, and they are not highly
recommended, since you should be doing spam and viral scanning in the
mail server and not in the webmail client.  Your ISP has none?!?  Get
a new ISP.  ;-)