Re: Personnal Information change itself

> >> Dear all,
> >> I use mail server under Debian with squirrelmail 1.4.9 but I have
> >> problem
> >> with some users informations.
> >> Most of the time, users calls me and say that their "personnal
> >> informations" has changed to another one.
> >> How can I solve this problem ?
> >> Regards,
> >> ------------
> >> Kone Bakenon
> >
> > Do these users login to SquirrelMail on a computer that already has
> > another user
> > logged into a different SquirrelMail profile? Concurrent logins will cause
> > mixing or
> > corruption of preferences.
>
> Ok but, how can I avoid that ?
>

> > Short term: tell your users to logout the previous session before they
> > login.
>
> I have already done it !
>
> > Long-term, better solution: ideally, someone will modify SquirrelMail so
> > that any
> > login automatically logs out any existing session on the same computer.
>
> Can you help me to it ?

Standard src/login.php automatically logs out any existing session. If custom
login form is used, session information is not destroyed in src/redirect.php.
SquirrelMail can't autologout users, because your users won't notice that older
account logged out and continue using open browser windows.

There are two ways to solve it.

A) don't allow logging in, if active session is detected or ask for confirmation.

requires modifications in two scripts and solves some interface abuse problems.

B) SquirrelMail can work without cookies

requires modifications in many core scripts and plugins.

--
Tomas