Re: which mail format

On 6/30/07, Res <res@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
>
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>
> > Right.  Proven itself full of bugs and feature-poor.  ;-)
>
> haha I'm the first to admit it used to have a LOT of serious issues
> but in more recent years it hasn't been too bad given its pretty
> powerfull and comprehensive feature sets, and

I suppose so.  Maybe its track record has irrevocably hurt its
reputation... but it remains, AFAIK, very complex to configure any
more interesting functionalities.

> qmail, well, hard to
> exploit somthing that doesnt compile on todays systems without approriate
> patches and does nothing by default anyway :)

Right, which is one big reason why I think you are off base below:

> Postfix, is the new kid on the block, once it starts to get serious
> inroads as the others, it too will start to have holes, they are there,
> like 99% of software, right now, just with small userbase, not found as
> yet.

No way.  That was perhaps true in 2000, but Postfix is a big player by
now, more so than qmail if just because it might come rolled with your
OS while you have to know what you are doing to even get started with
qmail.

Interesting reads:

http://shearer.org/MTA_Comparison
http://www-dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/%7ema/postfix/bench2.html