Re: Empty Folders

>>"If ~/mhobbs/something and /mail/folders/mhobbs/something is same file"
>>
>>They are not the same in your case.
>>
>>You have three options:
>>
>>1. apply standard SquirrelMail UW preset () and create link from user's
>>home directory to /mail/folders/username
>>
>>ln -s /mail/folders/mhobbs/ ~mhobbs/mail
>>
>>2. change IMAP server from UW to Dovecot and set mail location to
>>mbox:/mail/folders/%u/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
>>
>>3. remove or modify mailbox name restrictions in SquirrelMail
>>functions/imap_mailbox.php and set default_folder_prefix for every user.
>>You can't set it correctly in SquirrelMail configuration, because the
>> last
>>directory depends on username.
>
> I tired option (1), no go.  Folders show up but are still empty

Have you applied UW preset
(http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-5.html#ss5.2)? I forgot to
add link in previous email. What's your default folder prefix after
applying preset?

Check contents of the files in mhobbs home directory and in
/mail/folders/mhobbs. Standard UW IMAP setup uses mbox mailboxes. These
mailboxes are not encrypted and not binary. You can read them with plain
text editor. Please remember that you forgot to enable
all_your_base_belongs_to_sm plugin and I can't check your config.php for
mistakes, can't read files in /mail/folders/mhobbs or do any other basic
problem debugging.

Recheck your SquirrelMail config, check mailbox files stored on server. I
only know that you have some mailboxes in home directory and in
/mail/folders/mhobbs. I don't have any information about contents of those
mailboxes. You say that in SquirrelMail mailboxes are empty. every mailbox
matches some file. Are these files empty?

> Option (2) will require me to consult a co-worker (email sent to him)
>
> Option (3) I'm not exactly sure what lines I need to edit/comment out
> within that file to try this option.

Invalid mailbox name block is in functions/imap_mailbox.php, line 226-232

----
if (strstr($mailbox, '../') || substr($mailbox, 0, 1) == '/') {
   global $color;
   include_once(SM_PATH . 'functions/display_messages.php');
   error_box(sprintf(_("Invalid mailbox name:
%s"),htmlspecialchars($mailbox)),$color);
   sqimap_logout($imap_stream);
   die('</body></html>');
}
----

If this block is removed or first line replaced with 'if (false) {', it is
never executed and mailboxes starting with / are not blocked.

>>I can't reproduce your issue in standard UW IMAP 2004g server. I can
>> click on inbox and view it's contents.
>>
>>If link in left frame is not working, try accessing
>>http://your-server/path-to-squirrelmail/src/right_main.php?PG_SHOWALL=0&sort=0&startMessage=1&mailbox=INBOX
>
> This link works but the INBOX is still empty.
>
> I really appreciate all the help Tomas!

Are you sure that you have imap server address and port configured
correctly? Maybe you are using other imap server and looking at another
mailbox.

--
Tomas