Re: Empty Folders

----- Original Message ----
From: Tomas Kuliavas <tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: No Spam <kynes72@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 1:09:25 AM
Subject: Re: Empty Folders

>"If ~/mhobbs/something and /mail/folders/mhobbs/something is same file"
>
>They are not the same in your case.
>
>You have three options:
>
>1. apply standard SquirrelMail UW preset () and create link from user's
>home directory to /mail/folders/username
>
>ln -s /mail/folders/mhobbs/ ~mhobbs/mail
>
>2. change IMAP server from UW to Dovecot and set mail location to
>mbox:/mail/folders/%u/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
>
>3. remove or modify mailbox name restrictions in SquirrelMail
>functions/imap_mailbox.php and set default_folder_prefix for every user.
>You can't set it correctly in SquirrelMail configuration, because the last
>directory depends on username.

I tired option (1), no go.  Folders show up but are still empty

Option (2) will require me to consult a co-worker (email sent to him)

Option (3) I'm not exactly sure what lines I need to edit/comment out within
that file to try this option.

>I can't reproduce your issue in standard UW IMAP 2004g server. I can click
>on inbox and view it's contents.
>
>If link in left frame is not working, try accessing
>http://your-server/path-to-squirrelmail/src/right_main.php?PG_SHOWALL=0&sort=0&startMessage=1&mailbox=INBOX

This link works but the INBOX is still empty.

I really appreciate all the help Tomas!

mike