Re: Empty Folders

----- Original Message ----
From: Tomas Kuliavas <tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: No Spam <kynes72@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 12:07:26 PM
Subject: Re: Empty Folders

>Have you applied UW preset
>(http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-5.html#ss5.2)? I forgot to
>add link in previous email. What's your default folder prefix after
>applying preset?

Yes I did that.

>Check contents of the files in mhobbs home directory and in
>/mail/folders/mhobbs. Standard UW IMAP setup uses mbox mailboxes. These
>mailboxes are not encrypted and not binary. You can read them with plain
>text editor. Please remember that you forgot to enable
>all_your_base_belongs_to_sm plugin and I can't check your config.php for
>mistakes, can't read files in /mail/folders/mhobbs or do any other basic
>problem debugging.

The mailboxes are all good and I can open them in a text editor.
I'm not sure what your mean by "all_your_base_belongs_to_sm plugin"

>Recheck your SquirrelMail config, check mailbox files stored on server. I
>only know that you have some mailboxes in home directory and in
>/mail/folders/mhobbs. I don't have any information about contents of those
>mailboxes. You say that in SquirrelMail mailboxes are empty. every mailbox
>matches some file. Are these files empty?

These files all have mail in them.

>Invalid mailbox name block is in functions/imap_mailbox.php, line 226-232
>
>----
>if (strstr($mailbox, '../') || substr($mailbox, 0, 1) == '/') {
>   global $color;
>  include_once(SM_PATH . 'functions/display_messages.php');
>  error_box(sprintf(_("Invalid mailbox name:
>%s"),htmlspecialchars($mailbox)),$color);
>   sqimap_logout($imap_stream);
>   die('</body></html>');
>}
>----
>
>If this block is removed or first line replaced with 'if (false) {', it is
>never executed and mailboxes starting with / are not blocked.

I tried removing this, I then pointed my default folders to /mail/users/mhobbs/imap-folders
and all my folders showed up.  I then subscribed to them.  But I still get the issue of them
being empty.  They are not empty as I can open them in a text editor and view them with
Thuderbird.

>Are you sure that you have imap server address and port configured
>correctly? Maybe you are using other imap server and looking at another
>mailbox.

Yes this is all set.. I can also send mail out from SM without issues.

in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
to find your fit.