Re: SquirrelMail blocks upon mail sending

>> If you use PHP cache, optimizer, debugger or any other zend
>> extension, try turning it off.
>
> I don't have any of these.
> I only have the following packages:
>
> php5        5.2.0-8+etch1
> php5-cli    5.2.0-8+etch4
> php5-common 5.2.0-8+etch4
>
> Actually I don't use php myself, I only installed it to use
> SquirrelMail. This should be a clean php5 and squirrelmail install.
> I put a phpinfo site online if you want to check yourself:
> http://www.hcl-club.lu/phpinfo.php

Three issues:

1. You are not testing configuration used by SquirrelMail. PHP
configuration can be modified in php.ini, webserver's configuration and
.htaccess files. If you test configuration in different location or look
at php.ini contents, you can identify local configuration incorrectly. See
http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings

2. upload_tmp_dir is not set. It can cause issues in some PHP versions.
PHP5 packages on Debian Etch need correct upload_tmp_dir setting in order
to have working file uploads.

3. Could you check webserver's error logs for any squirrelmail related
notices or segfaults?

SquirrelMail has configuration testing script. Do you pass it without
warnings? Make sure that location base URL is identified correctly.

--
Tomas