Re: SquirrelMail blocks upon mail sending

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 16:49:11 -0700
"MrC" <lists-squirrelmail@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > What does your postfix log show?
> > >
> > > Using the sendmail binary results in mail being drops a mail into
> > > postfix's queues, which is then picked up by postfix for delivery.
> > > Both SMTP and sendmail will generate log entries in postfix's
> > > logs.
> >
> > Here's the corresponding log entry:

<snip log>

> So the good news is that postfix successfully received and delivered
> the mail to procmail (only you will know what procmail did with it).
> So mail delivery via squirrelmail is working.

I know, I said that I successfully received the mail.

> > At the moment of writing this the browser is still trying in
> > vain to load the new page, so the error happens after
> > successfully sending the mail. I tried with Opera and Firefox.
> >
> > > Also check that your php.ini contains:
> > >
> > > sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
> >
> > sendmail_path was set to the default which is sendmail -t -i.
> > I changed it to /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i but it didn't change
> > the behavior.
>
> That's fine - the path is typically /usr/sbin/sendmail
> or /usr/lib/sendmail. The above logs show that postfix's sendmail is
> not being used anyway; smtpd was contacted (so you have squirrelmail
> configured to use SMTP).

Yes, I said that in my initial post. I also tried configuring
SquirrelMail to use sendmail and the result was the same.

> Be sure you have no script blocking features in your browser enabled
> for your site (adblock, noscript, etc.).  Other than that, I don't
> have any further suggestions as to why the page is not refreshing.

I only use a pop-up blocker but no pop-up is blocked because a message
shows up everytime a pop-up is blocked. I also don't expect
SquirrelMail to show a pop-up at that time.
If the problem was only that the page doesn't refresh it wouldn't be
all that bad. The problem is that I can't load any SquirrelMail page
anymore until I restart the httpd.
It seems like a common resource that all SquirrelMail pages use blocks.

Jona

--
"I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists
build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns