Re: SquirrelMail blocks upon mail sending

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:20:06 +0300 (EEST)
"Tomas Kuliavas" <tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > <snip log>
> >
> >> So the good news is that postfix successfully received and
> >> delivered the mail to procmail (only you will know what procmail
> >> did with it). So mail delivery via squirrelmail is working.
> >
> > I know, I said that I successfully received the mail.

> >> That's fine - the path is typically /usr/sbin/sendmail
> >> or /usr/lib/sendmail. The above logs show that postfix's sendmail
> >> is not being used anyway; smtpd was contacted (so you have
> >> squirrelmail configured to use SMTP).
> >
> > Yes, I said that in my initial post. I also tried configuring
> > SquirrelMail to use sendmail and the result was the same.
> >
> >> Be sure you have no script blocking features in your browser
> >> enabled for your site (adblock, noscript, etc.).  Other than that,
> >> I don't have any further suggestions as to why the page is not
> >> refreshing.
> >
> > I only use a pop-up blocker but no pop-up is blocked because a
> > message shows up everytime a pop-up is blocked. I also don't expect
> > SquirrelMail to show a pop-up at that time.
> > If the problem was only that the page doesn't refresh it wouldn't be
> > all that bad. The problem is that I can't load any SquirrelMail page
> > anymore until I restart the httpd.
> > It seems like a common resource that all SquirrelMail pages use
> > blocks.
>
> Please show list of enabled plugins. If you have third party (as in
> "not bundled in standard SquirrelMail tar.gz package") plugins, show
> their version numbers.

Hi Thomas!

I don't have any squirrelmail plugins enabled:

Plugins
  Installed Plugins

  Available Plugins:
    1. delete_move_next
    2. administrator
    3. fortune
    4. message_details
    5. info
    6. mail_fetch
    7. newmail
    8. listcommands
    9. translate
    10. abook_take
    11. sent_subfolders
    12. spamcop
    13. squirrelspell
    14. filters
    15. bug_report
    16. calendar

> If you use PHP cache, optimizer, debugger or any other zend
> extension, try turning it off.

I don't have any of these.
I only have the following packages:

php5        5.2.0-8+etch1
php5-cli    5.2.0-8+etch4
php5-common 5.2.0-8+etch4

Actually I don't use php myself, I only installed it to use
SquirrelMail. This should be a clean php5 and squirrelmail install.
I put a phpinfo site online if you want to check yourself:
http://www.hcl-club.lu/phpinfo.php

> If you use some PHP security extension (suhosin, filter), try turning
> it off for src/compose.php.
>
> If you use custom session handler or non-default session.save_handler
> setting, name it or try reverting to 'files'.
>
> If you can, test setup with Mozilla and IE. These browsers act
> differently, when PHP scripts break with zero sized replies.

I will try with IE next time I have access to a windows box.

Jona

--
"I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists
build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns