Re: Identical Squirrelmail installs, non-identical speed

> I have two installs of Squirrelmail 1.4.10 (current as of yesterday)  > on two servers.> > One is running on the same server as postfix (FreeBSD 6.2) and the  > other is running on a second machine taht basically does nothing but  > primary DNS and a few websites.  The load on the mailserver is about  > 0.10 to 0.00 (current:  4:37PM  up 59 days,  2:17, 1 user, load  > averages: 0.01, 0.01, 0.00) and the load on the primary DNS is  > basically 0.00 ( 4:37PM  up 13 days,  6:13, 1 user, load averages:  > 0.00, 0.00, 0.00).> > Yes, these machines are lightly used.> > The configuration for both SM installs is identical, and they both  > connect to the mailserver via a secure connection to port 993.> > The only difference in their configuration is that the one running on  > the mailserver has the SMTP settings set to localhost:25 instead of  > the name of the mailserver.> > Now, if I login to SM on the mailserver to an account that has 2500  > messages in the inbox, it takes 45-65 seconds from when I hit return  > before the inbox is displayed.  If I login to the SM on the primary  > DNS, it takes 5-15 seconds. And on the slow server, anytime I go back  > to the inbox, the delay is 45-65 seconds, not just on initial login.> > The only other difference is that the SM install on the primary  > mailserver has a subdomain assigned to it <http://sm.covisp.net>, and  > the one on the mailserver is in a subdirectory <http:// > akane.covisp.net/ssm/≥> > I've looked at the configuration of the account and don't see any  > obvious differences, but have not actually duplicated the user's  > configuration file, so I can't swear they are identical.> > If the behavior was reversed, it would be more understandable, but as  > it is the SM install with the slow speed is the one that is on  > localhost to postfix.> > Is there something I am missing?
$allow_thread_sort and $allow_server_sort settings in SquirrelMail config
sort setting in user preferences.
If IMAP servers are on different machines, name of IMAP server. If it iscourier, are fam or gamin services enabled.
List of enabled plugins
filters used by end user
used session handler
any setup difference which makes connection or file access or session operationsremote on slow machine and local on fast machine.
Ignore SquirrelMail SMTP/Sendmail setup differences. Mailbox listing is IMAPoperation. It does not involve sending of emails.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 ExpressDownload DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and takecontrol of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/--squirrelmail-users mailing listPosting Guidelines: http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/MailingListPostingGuidelinesList Address: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Archives: http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.mail.squirrelmail.userList Archives:  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2995List Info: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users