Re: Translated names for Sent/Drafts/Trash folders (with IMAP), a different approach

> here is a different approach for localized folder names, that I actually
> discovered with another mail client called "Thunderbird".
>
> It's like this: The client is in another language than english, but still
>  uses the common english default names for those folders - "Drafts",
> "Sent"
> and "Trash". What it does then is to transparently translate the folder
> names to the user - i.e. "Sent" is shown as "Gesendet", but actually the
> IMAP folder's name still is "Sent".
>
> That makes this client perfectly coexist with any other client that maybe
>  expects the common folder names.
>
> What do you think?
>
> I'd like that because here I now have this problem: I found out about the
>  possibility to change the folder's names in folder preferences quite
> late (actually yesterday), so that all ~60 users that already used their
> account now have english folder names. If they change them in folder
> preferences, or - more likely - if I change them with forced_prefs, they
> will have both folders, "Sent" containing all previously sent messages,
> and "Gesendet" containing all afterwards sent messages. That is not nice,
> and I think the other way is really neat!

That functionality is in 1.5.2 which isn't released yet.

Your administrative problem is possible to solve. You could write a plugin
to rename the folder for you and change the users' preferences. And you
can always do it the hard way - manually.

Sincerely,
Fredrik