Re: folder frame vanishing re-visited..

On 1/23/07, nate <squirrelmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonathan Angliss said:
> >
> > Hi nate,
>
> Hey! whats happenin
>
> > I've grepped the stable source code, and cannot find any reference to
> > the above javascript code. I've even gone down to just "frames", and
> > while it does return a handful of results, none of them come close to
> > the above code. The closest I found was:
> >
> >   parent.frames[1].focus();
> >   parent.frames[1].print();
> >
> > Neither of which match your above code.  All other occurrences of the
> > word "frames" appears in either <frameset> tags, or is text for user
> > display (options text).
> >
> > Can you explain exactly what you're doing when this occurs?  And
> > exactly what happens?  I'm a little confused by what you mean when you
> > say "folders disappear".
>

> Sure thing , I login to my account, the left frame contains the INBOX,
> and all of the mail folders(currently I am subscribed to 10 folders).
>
> I clicked on a folder, and the page refreshed, and the left frame
> was no longer present. Since it's easiest to reproduce in IE6 I
> did so and took a few screen shots(each graphic is ~130kB):
>
> what I see upon login:
> http://portal.aphroland.org/~aphro/SM/sm-issue-1.jpg
>
> when I clicked on one of my folders:
> http://portal.aphroland.org/~aphro/SM/sm-issue-2.jpg

Is this pure 1.4.9?  You should show the code (HTML source) for the
left frame (before clicking).  The target of all folder links should
be the "right" frame.  Also, show what you have set for the "top
frame" in the main config and whether or not you've fiddled with the
"advanced tree" setting for the folder list.  Following is the HTML
for a 1.4.10svn folder link on my test system:

href="right_main.php?PG_SHOWALL=0&amp;sort=0&amp;startMessage=1&amp;mailbox=INBOX.Drafts"
target="right" style="text-decoration:none"><font

Also look for proxy software or proxy servers that might be filtering
the HTML that gets to your browser, etc.