Re: folder frame vanishing re-visited..

Jonathan Angliss said:

> Hi nate,

Hey! whats happenin

> I've grepped the stable source code, and cannot find any reference to
> the above javascript code. I've even gone down to just "frames", and
> while it does return a handful of results, none of them come close to
> the above code. The closest I found was:
>
>   parent.frames[1].focus();
>   parent.frames[1].print();
>
> Neither of which match your above code.  All other occurrences of the
> word "frames" appears in either <frameset> tags, or is text for user
> display (options text).
>
> Can you explain exactly what you're doing when this occurs?  And
> exactly what happens?  I'm a little confused by what you mean when you
> say "folders disappear".

Sure thing , I login to my account, the left frame contains the INBOX,
and all of the mail folders(currently I am subscribed to 10 folders).

I clicked on a folder, and the page refreshed, and the left frame
was no longer present. Since it's easiest to reproduce in IE6 I
did so and took a few screen shots(each graphic is ~130kB):

what I see upon login:
http://portal.aphroland.org/~aphro/SM/sm-issue-1.jpg

when I clicked on one of my folders:
http://portal.aphroland.org/~aphro/SM/sm-issue-2.jpg

then when I clicked on that little error box in the bottom left of
IE6:
http://portal.aphroland.org/~aphro/SM/sm-issue-3.jpg

I tried reproducing it with Seamonkey again but could not after
a dozen or so clicks, though IE6 it happens to me at least on
the first thing I click on. It does happen in firefox too but it
is less predictable(when I first starting using SM 1.4.9 it took
about 5 minutes before I saw the behavior pop up).

One thing that may not be to

thanks!

nate