Re: new folders not registered under the 'move' button

>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a squirrelmail 1.4.5 installation on a OSX 10.4.6 box  that
>> has a behavior I can't change.  A user pointed out to me that when he
>> creates a new folder (lets call it 'dinner') that he can't choose to
>> move emails to that folder 'dinner'.  He goes to the 'move selected
>> to'  pulldown and in the folder listing there is only the standard
>> inbox, sent, trash and drafts.
>>
>> I checked the folder options and tried subscribing and unsubscribing
>> the folder a few times.
>> I also went to the Folder Preferences under the Options link.  Set it
>> to auto refresh the folder list every 10 minutes (and other choices
>> also to test).  I cannot find any other settings that seem to affect
>> this. I am not finding references to this in the wiki or otherwise
>> online.
>>
>> I installed this about 1.5 years ago or so and really don't think I
>> did anything other than the standard install, using the setup script
>> to personalize the installation.
>>
>> I see there is an a place to enter the folder path which seems to be
>> set by defualt to  'mail/ '   which seems to be correct since my
>> longer path is   servervolume/Users/me/Library/Mail/IMAP/mail/
>> dinner     where the smallcase mail folder is where my other folders
>> are and the uppercase Mail holds the folders for my other email apps
>> (applemail).
>>
>> I do notice that in the 'mail' folder there are Drafts/Sent/Trash and
>> Junk folders but they have older modified dates.  Whereas in the
>> 'mail' folder there is the Drafts/Sent/dinner and Trash folders
>> which have current modification dates and the 'dinner' file is what I
>> created today for an example.  So it seems I am indeed pointed at the
>> correct directory.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

> Upgrade to the most recent release first?

Wellll, I haven't chosen to do that yet because; 1.  the newer
version doesn't appear to list fixes that would affect this issue
(but that may not be the case of course), 2.  if the upgrade
procedure for some reason doesn't go smoothly I'll have to take the
server offline while I fix it, and I have other projects in the queue
at the moment and would rather not risk redirecting  my time at the
moment to what could be an hour of work or a day of work fiddling
with settings to get things working again.

I have tried creating regular folders and sub folders, and both types
don't appear in the list.

--Troy