Re: new folders not registered under the 'move' button

On 1/22/07, Troy Shehan <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have a squirrelmail 1.4.5 installation on a OSX 10.4.6 box  that
> >> has a behavior I can't change.  A user pointed out to me that when he
> >> creates a new folder (lets call it 'dinner') that he can't choose to
> >> move emails to that folder 'dinner'.  He goes to the 'move selected
> >> to'  pulldown and in the folder listing there is only the standard
> >> inbox, sent, trash and drafts.
> >>
> >> I checked the folder options and tried subscribing and unsubscribing
> >> the folder a few times.
> >> I also went to the Folder Preferences under the Options link.  Set it
> >> to auto refresh the folder list every 10 minutes (and other choices
> >> also to test).  I cannot find any other settings that seem to affect
> >> this. I am not finding references to this in the wiki or otherwise
> >> online.
> >>
> >> I installed this about 1.5 years ago or so and really don't think I
> >> did anything other than the standard install, using the setup script
> >> to personalize the installation.
> >>
> >> I see there is an a place to enter the folder path which seems to be
> >> set by defualt to  'mail/ '   which seems to be correct since my
> >> longer path is   servervolume/Users/me/Library/Mail/IMAP/mail/
> >> dinner     where the smallcase mail folder is where my other folders
> >> are and the uppercase Mail holds the folders for my other email apps
> >> (applemail).
> >>
> >> I do notice that in the 'mail' folder there are Drafts/Sent/Trash and
> >> Junk folders but they have older modified dates.  Whereas in the
> >> 'mail' folder there is the Drafts/Sent/dinner and Trash folders
> >> which have current modification dates and the 'dinner' file is what I
> >> created today for an example.  So it seems I am indeed pointed at the
> >> correct directory.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?
> >>

> > Upgrade to the most recent release first?
>
> Wellll, I haven't chosen to do that yet because; 1.  the newer
> version doesn't appear to list fixes that would affect this issue
> (but that may not be the case of course), 2.  if the upgrade
> procedure for some reason doesn't go smoothly I'll have to take the
> server offline while I fix it, and I have other projects in the queue
> at the moment and would rather not risk redirecting  my time at the
> moment to what could be an hour of work or a day of work fiddling
> with settings to get things working again.

2a) Nothing is stopping you from installing in a parallel directory
only used by you
3) Your version of SM has several *published* security holes
4) Developers only like to troubleshoot against up-to-date code,
especially if they cannot reproduce the problem themselves.

:-)