Re: Difficulty getting domain keys to work with Squirrelmail

>>> Actually you are not asking questions they did, but you don't seem to
>>> understand the issue. tcp servier and qmail-smtpd is working on port
>>> 2500. I receive emails from it. The problem is with the domain keys
>>> which are not in the least affected by tcp server, but are controlled
>>> by
>>> my qmail smtpd script. I proved the script is correct two ways that I
>>> mentioned before:
>>>
>>> 1. I sent the mail from squirrelmail via smtp through port 25. No
>>> domain
>>> key was received. I sent mail through port 25 via my email client and
>>> domain key was received. Both squirrelmail and my local client
>>> successfully send email. So the issue has nothing at all to do with tcp
>>> since I have proven that squirrelmail is successful sending mail. The
>>> problem is something else. I did check the smtpd log for port 2500 and
>>> here is what it showed:
>>>
>>> 40000000455227bc30e73404 tcpserver: status: 0/300
>>> @4000000045522814165ecc8c tcpserver: status: 1/300
>>> @4000000045522814166dd434 tcpserver: pid 35528 from 127.0.0.1
>>> @400000004552281416a0713c tcpserver: ok 35528
>>> bob-walter.com:127.0.0.1:2500 localhost:127.0.0.1::60229
>>> @40000000455228150f26f5ac tcpserver: end 35528 status 0
>>> @40000000455228150f3b298c tcpserver: status: 0/300
>>>
>>> This is success as far as qmail  and tcp is concerned. I am using John
>>> Simpson's patches and script to run qmail smtp. sa-test@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> verifies domain keys works when I use my mail client with qmail smtp.
>>> But squirrelmail doesn't send the domain key info. I suspect something
>>> is killing env values when the php in squirrelmail is accessing
>>> qmail-smtpd. But I am not sure where to look to check this.
>>>

>> SquirrelMail sends emails just like Thunderbird. It only adds more
>> headers. Some of these headers might confuse filters that add domain key
>> headers.
>>
>> And you still haven't showed your qmail-smtpd environment configuration.
>>
>> Please understand that providing correct information is part of
>> debugging
>> process. You can think that your config is correct, but some other
>> person
>> might notice typos or errors in your setup.
>>

> I hope you can understand my reluctance to reveal all my server settings
> on a public list. I use John Simpson's patches and qmail scripts. I have
> 6 smtpd servers running on different IP's with the same script
> configuration. I don't want to waste the list's  time, but there are no
> errors in qmail config. Domain keys wrok fine. Something squirrelmail is
> doing (or not doing) is causing the lack of domain keys.
>
> To be clearer:
>
> Exactly how does squirrelmail invote smtp. I progarm in php, so you can
> be technical.
> Can my php config file be preventing the environment variables from
> working? John's script sets a bunch of them. If, in fact, squirrelmail
> [...]

Yes, server might be working. But what happens with domainkeys setup, if
you have following tcp.smtp file
----
127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
192.168.1.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DKSIGN="/etc/domainkeys/%/default"
:allow,DKVERIFY=""
----

Thunderbird connects from 192.168.1.123. Emails are signed. SquirrelMail
connects from 127.0.0.1, environment is different.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/phpdoc/ - SquirrelMail 1.5.2cvs
http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/phpdoc14/ - SquirrelMail 1.4.9cvs

See deliver and deliver_smtp classes.

SquirrelMail deliver_smtp class uses standard SMTP protocol. Defined in
RFC 2821

--
Tomas