Re: Difficulty getting domain keys to work with Squirrelmail

>>> Here are the settings. Bear in mind I have set up a special smtp
>>> process
>>> for squirrelmail on port 2500. I did this to isolate it for figuring
>>> out
>>> what is wrong with domain keys. I am using the same run script I
>>> successfully use on another port for thunderbird. The results are the
>>> same on port 25 (my default smtp).
>>>
>>> SMTP Settings
>>> -------------
>>> 4.   SMTP Server           : 127.0.0.1
>>> 5.   SMTP Port             : 2500
>>> 6.   POP before SMTP       : false
>>> 7.   SMTP Authentication   : none
>>> 8.   Secure SMTP (TLS)     : false
>>> 9.   Header encryption key : AGDFCDEEWKGHE
>>>
>>> A.  Update IMAP Settings   : localhost:143 (courier)
>>> H.  Hide SMTP Settings
>>>
>>> R   Return to Main Menu
>>> C   Turn color off
>>> S   Save data
>>> Q   Quit
>>>

>> Please show script that binds qmail-smtpd to 2500 port or files that are
>> used to generate cdb databases loaded with tcpserver -x option.
>>
>> I do think that I am asking same questions that were already asked on
>> other mailing list.
>>

> Actually you are not asking questions they did, but you don't seem to
> understand the issue. tcp servier and qmail-smtpd is working on port
> 2500. I receive emails from it. The problem is with the domain keys
> which are not in the least affected by tcp server, but are controlled by
> my qmail smtpd script. I proved the script is correct two ways that I
> mentioned before:
>
> 1. I sent the mail from squirrelmail via smtp through port 25. No domain
> key was received. I sent mail through port 25 via my email client and
> domain key was received. Both squirrelmail and my local client
> successfully send email. So the issue has nothing at all to do with tcp
> since I have proven that squirrelmail is successful sending mail. The
> problem is something else. I did check the smtpd log for port 2500 and
> here is what it showed:
>
> 40000000455227bc30e73404 tcpserver: status: 0/300
> @4000000045522814165ecc8c tcpserver: status: 1/300
> @4000000045522814166dd434 tcpserver: pid 35528 from 127.0.0.1
> @400000004552281416a0713c tcpserver: ok 35528
> bob-walter.com:127.0.0.1:2500 localhost:127.0.0.1::60229
> @40000000455228150f26f5ac tcpserver: end 35528 status 0
> @40000000455228150f3b298c tcpserver: status: 0/300
>
> This is success as far as qmail  and tcp is concerned. I am using John
> Simpson's patches and script to run qmail smtp. sa-test@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> verifies domain keys works when I use my mail client with qmail smtp.
> But squirrelmail doesn't send the domain key info. I suspect something
> is killing env values when the php in squirrelmail is accessing
> qmail-smtpd. But I am not sure where to look to check this.

SquirrelMail sends emails just like Thunderbird. It only adds more
headers. Some of these headers might confuse filters that add domain key
headers.

And you still haven't showed your qmail-smtpd environment configuration.

Please understand that providing correct information is part of debugging
process. You can think that your config is correct, but some other person
might notice typos or errors in your setup.

--
Tomas