Re: Which httpd/apache version is compatible with Squirrelmail 1.4.2-1

>> We've added lots of fixes between 1.4.2 and 1.4.8 versions. Consider
>> upgrading all three packages.
>
> OK Tomas,
>
> As next stable version (1.6) seems to be not in a near future,
>
> what about the following combination on RHEL 4.4 ?
> - PHP                        4.3.9-3.18
> - httpd (from source)  2.2.3
> - squirrelmail             1.4.8-2
> - up-imaproxy           1.2.4-1
>
> Many thanks again for your reply

http from the source AND php from the source. Remember that PHP DSO module
might depend on Apache version. Install them in /usr/local or /opt or in
user space (/home/sometestuser) and test.

If you have international users, remember that Fedora/RedHat changed
default character set in all SquirrelMail translations and increased
SquirrelMail PHP requirements. Upgrade from older version might corrupt
all 8bit data. If you store user data in database, upgrade to MySQL 4.1+
might corrupt 8bit data too.

SquirrelMail 1.4.8 is stable version. It should work with all PHP 4.1.x -
5.1.6 versions that match minimal SquirrelMail PHP extension requirements.
Only standard PHP 4.4.1 version with broken array and mbstring functions
is excluded. Fedora's SquirrelMail packages depend on mbstring extension.
If you have PHP register_globals turned on - SquirrelMail 1.4.8 might
break some plugins.

--
Tomas