Re: Which httpd/apache version is compatible with Squirrelmail 1.4.2-1

>>> We are using the following components with success on RH 9.0:
>>> squirrelmail  1.4.2-1, httpd-apache   2.0.40-21, PHP4  4.2.2-17,
>>> up-imapproxy  1.2.4-1
>>> Which httpd version is compatible with SQ 1.4.2-1 ? ( 2.0.59 ? or 2.2.3
>>> ?
>>> or another one) ?
>
>> SquirrelMail is coded in PHP language. It should be compatible with all
>> webservers that support PHP scripts.
>> If you upgrade PHP, you will have to upgrade SquirrelMail.
>
> Hi! Tomas,
>
> Many thanks for your fast reply.
>
> Ok, I will *not* upgrade squirrelmail or PHP
>
> Which version of httpd would you recommend ?
>
> I have been proposed with: 2.0.59 ? or 2.2.3 ? or something else.

You have custom apache version, custom php version and custom SquirrelMail
version. I suspect that PHP is compiled as DSO and linked to your Apache.
I think you will break PHP packages, if you upgrade Apache.

You have several options:
1. Update all three packages.

2. Leave all packages unchanged and keep your server closed.

3. Upgrade Apache and PHP. Backport all SquirrelMail PHP fixes to your
SquirrelMail version. SquirrelMail 1.4.2 will break if you use PHP5. It
might also break if you use PHP 4.4.0 or later PHP4 version. Not sure
about older PHP versions. If you compile PHP from the source, remember
that some PHP versions might have small issues/gotchas. I think stock PHP
4.3.10 version has problems with some uploads.

We've added lots of fixes between 1.4.2 and 1.4.8 versions. Consider
upgrading all three packages.

--
Tomas