Re: Problem sending mail outside the domain with squirrelmail

I am also having a problem with my users replying to email through
squirrelmail. Sometimes they go through sometimes they do not????
Very frustrating as the hosting company has not really come up with an idea
other than to send a message from/to the account and not send stuff outside.
Have you had any luck with it....my problem is that it is on a charity site
http://www.tatumshelpers.org so they are replying to people whom are asking
questions about the charity...

Thanks for any light that you can shed on the subject...
AJ

Schwab Robert wrote:

> Hello!
>
> In the network I have many thunderbird-clients. They can send all
> messages outside the domain.
> I also use squirrelmail, but i have the problem when sending a mail
> outside the domain.
>
> Postfix answers: 554 Relay access denied
>
> Errorlog says:
> Sep 14 17:15:36 mail postfix/smtpd[11195]: connect from domain[127.0.0.1]
> Sep 14 17:15:36 mail postfix/smtpd[11195]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
> domain[127.0.0.1]: 554 <mail@xxxx>: Relay access denied;
> from=<edv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> to=<mail@xxxx> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.btw>
> Sep 14 17:15:36 mail postfix/smtpd[11195]: lost connection after RCPT
> from mail.btw[127.0.0.1]
> Sep 14 17:15:36 mail postfix/smtpd[11195]: disconnect from
> mail.btw[127.0.0.1]
>

> In Thunderbird i use SENDING with Authentication and "TLS if available",
> and it works fine.
>
> I tried to set the smtp-Server to the "domain-Name" and the
> smtp-auth-mech to "login" and also to use_smtp_tls with "true", but
> nothing worked.
>

> So do you have any idea?
>

> Server-Config:
> Fedora 4
> Cyrus IMAP
> Postfix 2.2.2-2
> Fedora Direcotry Server (User and Password storage)
> SquirrelMail Version 1.4.7-4.fc4
>

> config.php:
> smtpServerAddress = localhost
> smtpPort = 25
> smtp_auth_mech = none
> use_smtp_tls = false
>

> kind regards
>
> Robert Schwab
> BT-Wolfgang Binder GmbH
> Austria

Sent from the squirrelmail-users forum at Nabble.com.