Re: Squirrelmail + avelsieve + dovecot: is it possible?

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 09:50:51 AM +0200, jam@xxxxxxx (jam@xxxxxxx)
wrote:

> > In other words, I think I have understood your explanation below,
> > but can it work /is it doable/necessary when postfix+dovecot+SM
> > are on one machine and fetchmail only on another?

> I think it's possible. You can fetch mails from server A (mail
> server) at server B (home pc), then send the mails to server C (SM
> server). You need a MTA on server B and C and a valid procmail
> configuration on server C. But... I would prefer fetchmail running
> on same system as MTA.

In my case, server A and C _are_ the same machine, with only one MTA
(Postfix). fetchmail only runs on machine B, which is not a server at
all, just a fetchmail IMAP client. Yes, there is postfix also on my
home PC, but it is totally out of this problem. Partly because my
current isp blocks port 25, partly because I don't want /don't care
for several reasons, to have an MTA directly facing the internet here
at home.

the same (minus file paths, of course) procmail rules that already run
today in my home PC, after fetchmail has downloaded the messages, will
be copied on the C (=A) server.

Ciao,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 5 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system,
there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless,
that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to
consume.						Noam Chomsky