Re: Squirrelmail + avelsieve + dovecot: is it possible?

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 16:25:28 PM +0200, jam@xxxxxxx (jam@xxxxxxx)
wrote:

> That's what procmail may do. Sort em into different physically
> existing folders (you've to create them in your IMAP server)

OK, I'll do it like that, since I can simply patch and upload, just
once, the relevant parts of the .procmailrc file I have in the home
PC.

Just one question: do these extra folders need to follow some special
naming/format convention to be seen immediately the next time I log
into squirrelmail?

> > .. can I still do 2)??? My understanding is that fetchmail can
> > only download one mailbox (the inbox) per user from a server, and
> > that pop3 server can only send that inbox to pop3 clients. Is it
> > so? If I'm wrong, good
> Read more about fetchmail - it's capable of more than that

I have discovered only today the -r option of fetchmail, which seem to
do just what I need: download the content of *all* the folders listed
after it from an IMAP server. I guess I had missed it because until
today I've never needed (or had the possibility to use) IMAP. So, if
it does what it says, and Squirrelmail can see extra IMAP folders, I'm
all set, without serversidefilters or anything like that.

Ciao and thanks,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 5 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Sometimes when you fill a vacuum, it still sucks.
	                    -- Bill Joy, founder of Sun Microsystems