Re: Squirrelmail + avelsieve + dovecot: is it possible?

>> That's what procmail may do. Sort em into different physically
>> existing folders (you've to create them in your IMAP server)
>
> OK, I'll do it like that, since I can simply patch and upload, just
> once, the relevant parts of the .procmailrc file I have in the home
> PC.
>
> Just one question: do these extra folders need to follow some special
> naming/format convention to be seen immediately the next time I log
> into squirrelmail?

Just create folder im SM, install serverside filter plugin and then you've a
new option in option menue where you can define the rules for "sorting" in the
mails .

> I have discovered only today the -r option of fetchmail, which seem to
> do just what I need: download the content of *all* the folders listed
> after it from an IMAP server. I guess I had missed it because until
> today I've never needed (or had the possibility to use) IMAP. So, if
> it does what it says, and Squirrelmail can see extra IMAP folders, I'm
> all set, without serversidefilters or anything like that.

Okay, probably a misunderstanding.

I've setup fetchmail as a daemon and build the configuration file
/etc/fetchmailrc. I don't use fetchmail for sorting, so no experiences about
that. My fetchmail is set up to deliver the mail to jam@xxxxxxx locally. This
name is known by MTA (postfix). Fetchmail does not modify message (no changes
to "TO:" field). As a result, all messages arrives in my SM INBOX unmodified.
(first Step)

Then I installed serversidefilter and defined a couple of rules in SM's option
menue. The next messages arriving will then automatically been sorted by
procmail according to the defined rules by serversidefilter... (secod Step)

Keep fetchmail option "-k" (keep) in mind, if you want to download your mails
to SM's IMAP server and create another copy at home in your local mail
program.

Live long and prosper
Florian
Squirrelmail patch forum