Re: Language Support

>> CJK and Apple character sets are not supported by stock SquirrelMail
>> scripts. You need extra decoding library. Your OS must have fonts that
>> support CJK symbols.
>
> It does look like the messages that aren't properly displaying are
> Chinese, so I guess that answers this question. Our Redhat implementation
> should already have support for CJK symbols as they display properly in
> other webmail apps we're testing. Can you provide a little more info about
> what extra decoding libraries I may need? Sorry, I'm pretty new to this
> area.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/download.php

squirrelmail-decode-1.1.tar.bz2

>> If translation selected in SquirrelMail Display preferences uses utf-8,
>> compose message in any language that you want. If it is not in utf-8,
>> use language that is supported by selected character set.
>
> This gives me the impression that there's a section in Options -> Display
> preferences relating to translations/languages, but I don't see anything.
> Am I missing something?

Standard SquirrelMail 1.4.6 displays selection of enabled translations in
Options -> Display Preferences -> Language: dropdown list. If you don't
see it, show your functions/i18n.php, list of enabled plugins and
include/options/display.php. If interface remains in English, when you
select other language - make sure that appropriate system locales are
installed.

--
Tomas
---signature ends here---