Re: Language Support

> Hi,
>
> So I downloaded the all-locales translations (
> <http://squirrelmail.org/countdl.php?fileurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprdownloads.sourceforge.net%2Fsquirrelmail%2Fall_locales-1.4.6-20060409.tar.gz>1.4.6-20060409)
> and ran the 'install' script. Is there anything else I need to do?
> Messages composed in Russian are properly displaying in the Russian
> language, but we have messages in other languages as well which aren't
> displaying properly (Chinese, for example).
>
> It shouldn't be the version of apache, imap and php that we're running
> because we're also testing horde/imp on the same server and they're
> properly displaying in that package. By the way, we're running Redhat AS
> 3 and Squirrelmail 1.4.

Show headers of the message that is not displayed correctly.

CJK and Apple character sets are not supported by stock SquirrelMail
scripts. You need extra decoding library. Your OS must have fonts that
support CJK symbols.

> Also, how do users go about selecting what language they want to compose
> a message in; and is there a preference so that users can select a
> language for the squirrelmail package to display in?

If translation selected in SquirrelMail Display preferences uses utf-8,
compose message in any language that you want. If it is not in utf-8, use
language that is supported by selected character set.

Older RedHat versions don't include mbstring support in PHP. If you use
utf-8, make sure that mbstring is supported in your PHP install.

--
Tomas
---signature ends here---