Language Support

Hi,

I wrote to the list last month about enabling squirrelmail to view
emails that were composed in other languages. Some languages, such as
Russian, display properly, while others, such as Chinese, do not. Thomas
Kuliavas provided some helpful info:

1) Our OS needs to have CJK font support. Our OS already seems to
support this since we recently tested Horde and messages composed in
Chinese displayed properly.

2) Squirrelmail doesn't support CJK characters by default -- an
additional decoding library needs to be installed. We went ahead and
installed squirrelmail-decode-1.1 which I noticed placed a number of
additional php files in the functions/decode directory. Messages
composed in Chinese, however, still do not display properly -- the
characters are all "junk."

One mail I received has the following Content-Type listed in the header:
'text/plain;charset="GB2312"' I notice that a gb2312.php script is
present in the functions/decode/ directory, though. Does anyone have any
idea why these messages aren't showing up with Chinese characters?

Thanks a lot,
Jason