Search squid archive

Re: FW: Encrypted browser-Squid connection errors

I should have added, that squid does support FTP proxying using one of hacks I mentioned (I haven't tested it yet).

I think I used Squid's FTP protocol support years ago.

And, since this requires other (FTP) protocol than the default (HTTP) at the proxy side, people free to configure it on random port they choose.

FTP proxying is so rarely used that it doesn't even have common port besides 21 used for FTP.
The fundamental core component of my (sub)thread is that alternate ports aren't /needed/. The default IANA reserved port is perfectly fine. -- Presuming that there isn't any contention or (site local) convention to use a different port.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die