Search squid archive

Re: FW: Encrypted browser-Squid connection errors

On 10/19/22 8:33 AM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
I do not know exactly what you mean by "https proxy" in this context, but I suspect that you are using the wrong FireFox setting. The easily accessible "HTTPS proxy" setting in the "Configure Proxy Access to the Internet" dialog is _not_ what you need! That setting configures a plain text HTTP proxy for handling HTTPS traffic. Very misleading, I know.

+10 to the antiquated UI ~> worse UX.

You need a PAC file that tells FireFox to use an HTTPS proxy.

I believe you can use the FoxyProxy add-on to manage this too.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die