Search squid archive

Re: website issue

On 13/09/11 21:11, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:

we can access it without squid. what could be the issue... ?

Squid has a 403 error page cached for that URL. Before you ask, yes, error
pages are allowed to be cached when the webmaster has explicitly enabled
caching of them. This might be one of those times.

Check that negative_ttl is set to 0 (may require the unit seconds as well).
Any other value results in errors such as that being cached against the
webmasters specifications and best-practice recommendations.

by default , negative_ttl is disabled in this way.

Only in currently supported releases. Squid-2.6 has a hidden default of 5 minutes.

# negative_ttl 5 minutes

then , I chaged it to

negative_ttl 0 seconds

Now, access log shows this
  TCP_MISS/403 653 GET http://www.go2uti.com/ - DIRECT/196.4.59.53 text/html
  TCP_MISS/403 664 GET http://www.go2uti.com/favicon.ico -
DIRECT/196.4.59.53 text/html
  TCP_MISS/403 664 GET http://www.go2uti.com/favicon.ico -
DIRECT/196.4.59.53 text/html

Good that is Squid working properly then.

and , I get below error on the web browser

Forbidden

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while
trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

could you pls help me to solve this issue ?

Appears to be an Apache configuration error. Contact the website administrator about that. They are the only one who an help you.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.11