Search squid archive

Re: About PHP proxy

Quoting Marcus Kool <marcus.kool@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Dwayne,

If you do not redirect+filter HTTPS you can never block
HTTPS-based proxies.  To be able to filter HTTPS the
browsers must be configured to use Squid for HTTP and HTTPS.
Once Squid also proxies the HTTPS traffic, you may use
ufdbGuard.

ufdbGuard is a free redirector which can block HTTPS traffic by
- optionally blocking URLs with an IP address
- optionally blocking sites without a properly signed SSL certificate
- optionally blocking SSH and other tunnels that use HTTPS
- optionally use a URL database

ufdbGuard supports free URL databases and a commercial URL database.

-Marcus

Yes Sir. I am aware of this. For the present Im running squid as a transparent proxy. I do have plans to change this in the future (meaning next summer). Thanks for the heads up. I've looked very longily at ufdbGuard.

ddh