Search squid archive

Re: dnssubmit queue overload

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008, Anil Saini wrote:

> actually sir i have one more proxy that has even more users and its working
> fine
> it also has internal dns option disabled....
>
> so its not the problem of internal dns options i think
> i think its overloading of DNS requests

The dnsserver stuff by itself isn't all that -bad-, it just scales poorly
if the DNS servers can't keep up for some reason. The internal DNS code
handles slow DNS servers more gracefully - ie, more requests can be queued
and the clients just perceive it as slowness (to a point!).

Yes, you should probably investigate your DNS server setup to make sure
that things are running properly but my suggestion still stands - drop back
to internal DNS rather than the dnsserver helper based external DNS code.

Adrian