Search squid archive

Re: About PHP proxy

Quoting Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Tarak Ranjan wrote:
Hi List;
It's really surprising for me that my proxy has been
bypassed by on of the user using the "proxybuilder"
proxy. what it's doing is that that particular php
based proxy rewrite the mimetype. and that request
going through my actual proxy server, but as that
script is rewriting the mime type and it's encrypting
as test/html.

Overall whatever the mime type based ACL i have in my
server it's ignoring them. and that person has the
access of those blocked urls .

has anyone faced this kind of situation........

Yes, many have. It's a old and never-ending battle for those who are involved.

You could try enumerating all the badness as most beginners do. You
could hand in the towel early and cease to care about your users
wellbeing. Or you could play a bit with the serious avioders.

 Just imagine, redirecting all porn sites downloads seamlessly to
tubgirl dot com for one gross example.

Or if you have families to think of, building a kitten-net can be fun
http://ex-parrot.com/~pete/upside-down-ternet.html

Amos

Just a quick question. How would you redirect those requests, if the proxy server doesnt recognize them? Most of my users doing this are using https sites that dont go through my proxy server. My firewall only redirects port 80 traffic to my proxy server. If I could redirect these people that would be great.

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator